18. HRASTOV MEMORIAL
14. september 2014
GORSKI PREIZKUS STARODOBNIKOV
INTERNATIONAL OLDTIMERS' MOUNTAIN RACE
LA PROVA IN SALITA DEI VEICOLI D'EPOCA
RULES OF THE INTERNATIONAL OLDTIMERS' MOUNTAIN RACE "LJUBELJ 2014"
The mountain race "LJUBELJ 2014" is organized by the Automobile Association, Tržič.
- Aleš Bešter – Director of the event
- Janez Ahačič
- Martin Romih
- Lado Srečnik
- Štefan Stubljar
- Jaka Šivic
- Gabrijel Smolej
- Timing Alples
- Darko Koren
- Teo Blaži
- Branko Ahačič
2. TERMS OF THE RACE
The race will be held on September 14th, 2014 – irrespective of the weather conditions. The venue will be the gravel road over the old Ljubelj mountain pass. The length of the racetrack is 2300 m and there is an altitude difference of 330 m. The categories include solo motorcycles, motorcycles with sidecars, manufactured prior to 1961. The organizer can allow participation in the competition to particular attractive vehicles manufactured after 1961. The number of competitors is limited; therefore, well-known competitors and vehicles of greater historical interest will take precedence. The organizer reserves the right to refuse any registration without stating any reasons for the decision. Competitors are accepted for the event when they receive the organizer's acknowledgment together with a start number. The race will be organized in accordance with the attached Rules.
3. INVITED CATEGORIES
A – motorcycles – pre-war, year of manufacture 1945 or earlier
B – motorcycles up to 175cc, year of manufacture 1961 or earlier
C – motorcycles up to 250cc, year of manufacture 1961 or earlier
D – motorcycles over 250cc, year of manufacture 1961 or earlier
E – motorcycles with sidecars up to 500cc, year of manufacture 1961 or earlier
F – motorcycles with sidecars over 500cc, year of manufacture 1961 or earlier
Remark: In case there is less than 4 competitors in category E or F, categories will be joined.
A competitor can race in two categories only, each time with a different vehicle.
4. ASSESSMENT – MARKING FOR THE CALCULATION OF THE COMPETITOR'S SCORE
|The marking system is as follows:
||An example of a score:
A. The appearance and the technical adequacy of a motorcycle
22 points are given to a motorcycle that is in poor condition and renovated using non-original parts, but fulfils the conditions for taking part in the competition.
- The mark can be from 0 to 22 points.
- The mark 0 points is given to an excellently restored and preserved original motorcycle.
Explanation of the marking system:
A Technical Commission shall decide on the appearance and technical adequacy at a technical inspection.
- A non-original carburettor – 3 points
- MC version (Puch) – 15 points
- Motorcycles with sidecars with a two-wheel drive – 10 points
The commission shall notify the competitor about their decision immediately after the inspection is finished. Their decision is final. The commission may decide that a vehicle does not meet the technical conditions, whereupon such vehicle is not allowed to start.
|e.g., 10 points
B. Competitor’s year of birth
Competitors born in 1984 or later will be given 42 points; older competitors will be given the number of points calculated from their year of birth divided by two.
|e.g., 1950 – 50/2
= 25 points
C. Year of manufacture of the vehicle
The year of manufacture is divided by two.
|e.g. 1952 – 52/2
= 26 points
D. Engine capacity
3% of the engine capacity.
= 9 points
E. Drive time
One second is one point.
|e.g. 3 min 40 s
= 220 seconds
= 220 points
is the sum of all points. The competitor with fewest points is the winner. If there are several competitors with the same number of points, the older competitor is the winner. If the competitors are of equal age, the decision shall be made by lot.
|Total: 290 points
Motorcycle competitors will have two runs. The best time is considered in the result.
For classification in each category two starts are mandatory!
5. RACE SCHEDULE
Sunday, 14th of September 2014
- verification of registrations and technical inspection: 7.00 to 9.15
- timed practise runs for the various categories: 10.00 to 12.00
- official opening: 12.30
- competition for the various categories: 13.00 to 17.00
- group photography 17.00
- announcement of unofficial results: 17.30
- announcement of the results and presentation of the trophies: 18.00
6. RACING CONDITIONS – TECHNICAL INSPECTION
- All vehicles must meet the organizer's requirements. All vehicles must have three start numbers prepared by the organized affixed – one on the front, one on the back left side, and one on the back right side.
- At the technical inspection, the competitors must present their outfit: a helmet, goggles and leather clothing, boots and gloves.
- The signature on the registration form is the competitor’s guarantee that the information about the vehicle's make, capacity, year of manufacture and any modifications is true.
- Competitors unable to drive safely will not be allowed to take part in the race. The same applies to disorderly drivers who do not respect the organizer's decisions, and those with improper outfit.
- Vehicles for which the commission is unable to determine the origin and the year of manufacture, but are suitable for competition, can start in the category OUT OF COMPETITION;
The organizer reserves the right to reject contestants who do not fulfill these conditions.
7. START AND FINISH
The race starts with engines running. As a rule, motorcycles start in one-minute intervals. The competitors' starting order is based on the times achieved in trial run. After them, the competitors who have not finished the trial run start according to their start numbers.
The competitors must wait at the finish and then return to the start in a group.
8. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS AND PRESENTATION OF THE TROPHIES
Unofficial results will be published 30 minutes after the end of the race in front of the Sapca restaurant. The competitors should lodge any complaints to the Head of the race no later than 20 minutes after the announcement of the unofficial results, together with a deposit of 70 EUR. In the event of a justified complaint, the money will be returned; otherwise it will be kept to cover the costs of organizing the event. A competitor lodging a complaint against several competitors, shall do it for each separate person, and pay a deposit for each of them. Complaints relating to the decision of the Technical Commission are inadmissible. The announcement of the results and the presentation of the trophies will take place one hour after the end of the race (at about 18.00).
Cups and trophies
- Trophy for the best time (record of the day)
- Cups for original vehicles
- pre-war motorcycle
- post-war motorcycle
- Cups for the first three places in each category
- Cup for the first place for runners out of competition
- Cup for the first place for ladies
- Cup for the oldest vehicle
- Cup for the oldest driver
Each participant will receive a memorial gift and a certificate of participation.
9. SECURITY AND SIGNALLING
The starting place is in an international border-crossing area, so driving around freely in racing vehicles is not allowed. If your vehicle breaks down during the drive, move it to the side of the road immediately and follow the officials' instructions. In no event should you return to the starting place without permission. If you catch up with a vehicle that started the race before you, overtake it only after you have made sure that you have been seen by the competitor in front, and that it is safe enough to do so.
Obey flag signals:
||: move over to the side of the road immediately and stop the vehicle.
||: danger, slow down, there is an obstacle ahead.
||: allow a faster vehicle to overtake you.
||: you can continue with the race.
The organizer shall insure all the competitors, the officials, and the spectators in accordance with Slovene regulations. The organizer, all the persons involved in the event, the official persons on duty, and the organizing committee refuse to accept any responsibility towards the competitors and the spectators as well as towards vehicles for any injuries caused to people or damage caused to property that may occur to the competitors or to third persons before, during or after the event. In any case, the competitors drive at their own risk. They shall bear civil and criminal responsibility for all acts that might happen to them or that might be caused by them or their vehicles. By signing the registration form the competitors renounce the right to file a complaint or suit before a competent court in the event of an accident or injuries suffered during the race. They likewise renounce the right of a complaint against the organizer, sports judges, the officials, other competitors, and any other persons connected with the event.
The registration fee for a single category
is 45 EUR
, and an additional 25 EUR
for a second category
; the registration fee for motorcycles
is 45 EUR
, for sidecars
is 60 EUR
. This fee should be paid in cash on the day of the event. The registration fee is non-refundable.
The registration due date is 6th of September 2014.
Late registration is possible on Sunday, 14th of September 2014, latest till 9.00, when the registration fee will be double.
Please send your applications on the enclosed form or a copy thereof to the following address:
AMD Trzic, p.p. 171, SI - 4290 Trzic, Slovenia.
Registration is also possible at our web site: Online registration
For additional information you can contact us every working day on tel. +386 68 149-636, or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best regards, and see you at Ljubelj.
Director of the Race Organizer